[Xmca-l] Re: Sorry

Greg Thompson greg.a.thompson@gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 20:13:14 PST 2014

I was wondering if anyone has the original Russian for the paragraph that
is the classic statement by Vygotsky on the concept (I'm not going to be
able to do anything with it, but I know people who can...). It is on p. 113
of the Enerstvedt piece, and is taken from Mind in Society, the chapter
titled Internalization of Higher Psychological Functions. Here is the text:

"An interpersonal process is transformed into an intrapersonal one. Every
function in
the child's cultural development appears twice: first on the social level,
and later, on
the individual level; first, between people (interpsychological) and then
inside the child
(intrapsychological). This applies equally to voluntary attention, to
logical memory,
and in the formation of concepts. All the higher functions originate as
actual relations
between human beings."

Anyone have the Russian original and could send it to the listserve?

I'm very interested in the Enerstvedt piece and particularly the discussion
of internalization.

Thanks,
greg

--