[Xmca-l] Re: Sorry

mike cole lchcmike@gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 14:37:20 PST 2014

Hans--

It is clear from even a rapid scan of the book you sent that there is a
great deal there of interest to xmca readers. I for example, would warmly
welcome a discussion of the article by Theodor Enerstvedt about Rubenshtein
and activity theory. Might he be interested in discussing these issues on
xmca?

Long ago as an even more naive beginner, I reviewed Payne's book on
Rubenshtein. I also noted that in the last decade, members of the cultural
historical school have often included him in their discussions of activity.
If it is not known to you, an article by Andrei Brushlinsky was published
in the precursor to MCA

http://lchc.ucsd.edu/Histarch/ap83v5n2.PDF#page=1

Note that Leontiev himself has come in for some severe criticism for the
affinities between his theory and the Soviet state  (In this regard, I have
always found it odd that Rubenshtein received a Stalin prize).

Anyway, if only for the opportunity to discuss the variety of
understandings of the term, internalization, that appear on MCA,it could be
helpful to discuss the
Theodor Enerstvedt piece.

mike