[Xmca-l] Re: Sociocritical Literacies and more context

Larry Purss lpscholar2@gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 20:08:12 PST 2014

Aria,
I want to repeat and amplify your suggestion :

It is important to clarify what is meant by "third space" and its analogous
concepts in various schools of thought
(e.g., liminality, double consciousness, third place, etc.). The
post-colonial uptake of third space (e.g., Said, Bhaba, Spivak) within the
sociocultural theory is a very specific stance and this might be the moment
for that conversation as well.

To focus on the *third space* as a VERY SPECIFIC stance.
I would like to become clear on the centrality of *witnessing* as central
or the re-search fades away.
Also terms such as *mutuality* contrasted with *reciprocity* or
*transactions*.

Testimonios as neither subjective [alone] or objective [alone] but a hybrid
MODE that is a form of witnessing.
I would also suggest the theme of *gift* as more than transaction or
echange [in continental philosophy traditions] is relevant.

There is a *spirit* and a moral virtue within this form of witnessing as
*third space* that plays around with notions of *trans* as moving across
forms [horizons] as trans-versals [or trans-verse-als] .
I have an intuition that this type of witnessing is radical, going to the
roots of our being human together.

Aria, I look forward to further re-search
Larry