[Xmca-l] Re: Sociocritical Literacies and more context

Aria Razfar arazfar@uic.edu
Tue Dec 30 14:00:09 PST 2014

For those of us working with Kris' sociocritical perspective, third space
has been a valuable construct for thinking about collective learning zopeds
and consciousness for that matter. It is important to clarify what is meant
by "third space" and its analogous concepts in various schools of thought
(e.g., liminality, double consciousness, third place, etc.). The
post-colonial uptake of third space (e.g., Said, Bhaba, Spivak) within the
sociocultural theory is a very specific stance and this might be the moment
for that conversation as well.

Aria

Aria Razfar, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Literacy, Language, and Culture
Director of Graduate Studies, Curriculum and Instruction
University of Illinois at Chicago
1040 W. Harrison St. M/C 147
Chicago, IL, 60607

Director of English Learning through Mathematics, Science and Action
Research (ELMSA)
www.elmsa.org

Webpage: http://education.uic.edu/personnel/faculty/aria-razfar-phd
Tel: 312-413-8373