[Xmca-l] Re: Chomsky, Vygotsky, and phenomenology

Martin John Packer mpacker@uniandes.edu.co
Wed Dec 17 06:24:59 PST 2014

Old codger that I am, Carol, I am going to take issue with you here too! In 1975 Piaget and Chomsky had a public debate. I assume that each did their homework beforehand and read at least something of the other's work!  :)

Martin

Piattelli-Palmarini, M. (1980). Language and learning: The debate between Jean Piaget and Noam Chomsky. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press.

Piattelli-Palmarini, M. (1994). Ever since language and learning: Afterthoughts on the Piaget-Chomsky debate. Cognition, 50(1), 315-346.