[Xmca-l] Re: NYT Op-Ed: Class Prejudice Resurgent

Greg Thompson greg.a.thompson@gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 11:22:35 PST 2014

Annalisa,
I think I circulated this to the list before you, but this is a great video
on Myles Horton if you have some time (I listened to it on my commute). it
is an interview conducted by Bill Moyers:
http://vimeo.com/30650519

The earlier work of the Highlander School was focused on workers and the
early labor movement in the U.S. Very much about class. It changed focus a
bit during the late 40's and 50's and 60's and became much more associated
with civil rights movement. Myles explains it well in his interview with
Bill Moyers. But communist associations with the school probably weren't
too far off the mark, esp. in the early days.

Great stuff indeed!
-greg