[Xmca-l] Re: How *basic* are images?

mike cole mcole@ucsd.edu
Tue Dec 2 12:01:21 PST 2014

I think that my current and changing views are consistent with Barsalou,
Martin. I come at this from Alexander Suvorov's charactrization of
imagination as "rising off of the world and returning to it again" (he was
blind & deaf, a circumstance that seems relevant to his characterization of
the process. A process, through time, and where you land is not where you
began, even if you are trying to jump exactly the same way twice.

To me kosslyn results I attached earlier have always been thought provoking
about images and imagination as process.

mike

mike.

On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 11:36 AM, Martin John Packer <mpacker@uniandes.edu.co