[Xmca-l] Re: Zoya Kosmodemyanskaya

Annalisa Aguilar annalisa@unm.edu
Mon Dec 1 20:09:44 PST 2014

Dear Ulvi,

I do not think I would describe it as a state of equilibrium, as this would suggest that she was unbalanced prior to that. For what my contribution is worth, which may not be that much, I don't believe this was her experience. But that is how I interpret it. It seems different for you, and this is OK! :)

Living in the present moment (for me) is about clearing away preconceived notions and their labels, and in doing so possessing a personal clarity that is unencumbered by these labels.

It is the act of being alive, in my estimation.

As I have considered it, crisis can bring about this experience, but it is not necessary that crisis be present for this clarity to be present. This clarity is there all the time if we choose to let it reveal itself to us. It may be better to say, to as-though let it reveal itself to us, because it is not an entity with a volition that provides an annunciation to us, but more like opening the curtains to my windows to let the sun shine enter the space. This is why I like the word clarity over equilibrium.

I speculate that this is what it was like for Zoya. I could be wrong, however.

Kind regards,

Annalisa

From: xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu <xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu> on behalf of Ulvi İçil <ulvi.icil@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, December 1, 2014 2:42 PM
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Zoya Kosmodemyanskaya

I understand your point.

After the decision to go to the front, she seems to have reached an
equilibrium, and she was ready for death. But;
prior to this decision, it seems that she was, as a child, from even ages
like 10 or 11, in a constant search for something. This something, I think,
is to be a person of highest ideals, a devotion to these ideals. It was
defense of Soviet Union after the war broke out. Prior to this, I think she
was not in a state of equilibrium.

Best,
Ulvi