[Xmca-l] Re: About 「hope 」 in socio-cultural research

Lois Holzman lholzman@eastsideinstitute.org
Mon Aug 25 11:44:42 PDT 2014

JingJing, I'm so glad Greg suggested Vygotsky at Work and Play to you since its publication in Japanese is happening in September and I notice you are at a Japanese university. Professor Moro is the translator and I assume you know him.
As far as hope, I'm all for it! I think that creating environments for/being engaged in "becoming" creates hope. See the All Stars Project video entitled, Hopeless? "Nope" Less. My hope is that you agree that a socio-cultural approach to "hope" discovers something of what hope is, and is becoming, to the people you are studying.
Good luck!
Lois

Lois Holzman
Director, East Side Institute for Group & Short Term Psychotherapy
104-106 South Oxford Street
Brooklyn, New York 11217
Chair, Global Outreach, All Stars Project, UX
Tel. +1.212.941.8906 x324
Fax +1.718.797.3966
lholzman@eastsideinstitute.org
Social Media
Facebook | LinkedIn | Twitter
Blogs
Psychology Today| Psychology of Becoming | ESI Community News
Websites
Lois Holzman | East Side Institute | Performing the World
All Stars Project