[Xmca-l] Re: About 「hope 」 in socio-cultural research

Ed Wall ewall@umich.edu
Sun Aug 24 14:55:07 PDT 2014

JingJing

     Paul Ricoeur's work can be mined for a take on hope. His notion involves expectation and anticipation. For instance,  "hope is the dynamism of desire projecting its own realization";  and "hope is a deep-seated human trait, constitutive of human nature itself." I (and I am sure he doesn't either) think of this as cognitive, but I don't think he necessarily thinks of this as entirely socio-cultural either. Anyway, Huskey has written a book pulling his thoughts on this topic together: 'Paul Riceour on Hope.'

Ed Wall