[Xmca-l] Re: Intrinsic motivation?

Andy Blunden ablunden@mira.net
Wed Aug 6 09:00:37 PDT 2014

So "objective motive", means the CEO's motive. Is that right?
But you also say the objective motive is the "object of the activity."
You surmise the worker's motives from their narratives, and I guess you
surmise the CEO's motives from his pronouncements, too.
So "objective" cannot be the right word can it? It is just the CEO's
motive, just the personal motive of one person.
What about the owner or shareholders? Surely their motives are even
"more objective". Sociologists long ago found that managers have
different motives than owners. Why privilege just one person's motives
as "objective"? And if the "strategy of production" for example, fails
to produce a product, do we take it that that was the really objective
motive? If the subjective desires and pronouncements of the CEO are
objective, how do you characterise what actually transpires, if not
"objective"?

Andy
*Andy Blunden*
http://home.pacific.net.au/~andy/