[Xmca-l] Re: Psychology of Language

Martin John Packer mpacker@uniandes.edu.co
Fri Apr 25 13:47:07 PDT 2014

Hi Shirin,

This looks great - Razfar, Aria; Rumenapp, Joseph C. (2013). Applying Linguistics in the Classroom: A Sociocultural Approach.

I've just bought the kindle version. Have you used it in courses?

Here are the chapter titles. The book works 'outward' from the brain through levels of language to narrative, identity, and ideology.

Martin

1 Language as Social Practice: Sociocultural Foundations of Discourse and Learning
2 Neurolinguistics: Rethinking Language in the Flesh
3 Phonology: Why Language Sounds Different to Second Language Learners
4 Phonics and Whole Language: Linguistic Foundations
5 Syntax: English Learners Building Sentences
6 Morphology: Building Words with English Learners
7 Semantics: The Beginning of Meaning
8 Written Language: Historical Developments in Literacy
9 Language Learning: Basic Principles and Debates
10 Learning and Context: Language and Activity
11 Functions of Language: Using Language around the World
12 Narratives: Living a Narrated Life
13 Language and Identity: Who We Are and How We Speak
14 Language Ideologies