[Xmca-l] Re: Films of developmental education

Elina Lampert-Shepel ellampert@gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 10:13:56 PDT 2014

Hello Huw,

The movie was made in PS17, Kharkov Ukraine in 1968. I was in first grade
when it was produced in my school...:-)

 PS 17 was a lab school along with PS 91 in Moscow, only 2 schools in the
USSR at that particular time that were developing and implementing
Elkonin-Davydov curriculum.  The publication was a tribute to Kharkov
laboratory,  I consider Repkin and Dusavitskiy to be my teachers. They both
worked with me as well as Vasiliy Davydov and Boris Elkonin when we were
developing teacher education model grounded on cultural-historical
psychology and activity theory in Moscow in the 1990s.

I believe I have a CD with the movie if you can't locate it. It is in
Russian, not sure if there is a version with English subtitles. Please let
me know if you find one.

There are tapes of classroom instruction made in PS 91 in Moscow. I may
ask for additional tapes, but my sources are all in Russian.

What makes you interested in 2x2=x?

Thanks!

Elina Lampert-Shepel, Ed.D.
Associate Professor