[Xmca-l] Re: Course, seminar videos on the web sites of the universities

Ulvi, before I retired from Melbourne University in 2002, we installed a computer in every lecture theatre which automatically recorded every lecture and made it available as an audio download which enrolled students could listen to via the internet from home. We did not think it worthwhile to provide video, but some universities in Australia, e.g. UWA, provide videos as well, including the PowerPoint display.

Andy
*Andy Blunden*
http://home.mira.net/~andy/

Ulvi İçil wrote:
Dear all,

I have a question about this subject: To what extent it is an already
established practice in the best universities in the world to publish
regularly the videos of important courses, seminars etc on the web page of
those universities ( and especially of those universities which are the
best research universities).

Because, this practice is almost non existing in even the best universities
in my country, only met very irregularly and randomly.

I would like to know the situation in the leading universities in countries
like USA, Germany, Australia, France and UK especially. Also in Asian
countries.

As an incredibly simple but well organized, useful and regularly
applied example, please see that of the College de France.

It is really an amazing practice:

http://www.college-de-france.fr/site/audio-video/index.htm#|q=../audio-video/_audiovideos.jsp?index=0&prompt=&fulltextdefault=mots-cles...&fulltext=mots-cles...&fields=TYPE2_ACTIVITY&fieldsdefault=0_0&TYPE2=0&ACTIVITY=0

Thanks

Ulvi