[Xmca-l] Re: Shklovsky

Greg,
When Martin posted the notice of the reprinting of Merleau-Ponty's book
and M-P's  attempt to bridge distinct discourses I returned to a book by
Lawrence Hass on Merleau-Ponty and his relevance for understanding our
human situation.
For myself I composed a summary in a word document of the *double project*
of phenomenology [affirmation & critique] that may be one possible answer
to your question:

"This is lovely, but I'm wondering if anyone can make sense of this
alongside of Heidegger's project - this gets to the central question that I
keep trying to chase down - how to think of essence of the human subject as
being in reflection or as being in absorption. (and maybe Heidegger answers
with both. Vygotsky too?)."

Here is the summary as an attachment. Not sure if others will find it
relevant. It does include Heiddeger and M-P critiquing Husserl's
transcendental assumptions but acknowledging the *method* they learned from
Husserl.
Larry