[Xmca-l] Re: Translating Ideas to Intervention

Cliff, I was impressed by that example and have no suggestions how you miight have done differently. Your concepts, your word meanings and your practices are evidently well aligned. My concern was primarily to clarify your concepts and word meanings relative to those I am familiar with, that's all. If you have an intervention which was *not* successful, then perhaps that would be an occasion to revisit concepts and discuss alterntive interventions?

Andy

Cliff O'Donnell wrote:
Thanks to the XMCA group for all of the ideas you have presented this week. Your thoughts on how to translate those ideas to an intervention plan would be most welcome. You could use the example in our article on the plan we developed to address the concerns about youth gangs in a small rural community (pages 10-13). How would our plan differ if we used any of the ideas you articulated?

Cliff

Clifford R. O'Donnell, Ph.D.
Professor Emeritus
Past-President, Society for Community Research and Action (APA Division 27)

University of Hawai‘i
Department of Psychology
2530 Dole Street
Honolulu, HI 96822