[Xmca-l] Re: Leontyev's activities

Thanks for these.  They're interesting but I don't think they quite answer
the question about operational definitions -- i.e. the experimental
paradigms used to establish and measure the unit.

On p. 364 Leontiev elaborates on an example with a student, in which he
states that psychological testing needs to be done in order to find out
what the current activity is for the subject.

But this does not really bring any bearing onto "the very complex
cross-links" (1977) between the individual and society.

I am guessing that he uses leading activity as the means for setting the
scope of societal practices for revealing the formation of new motives etc.

I am partially interested in this for observing how the object is
demonstrated objectively, and the relation of complex motives (e.g. doing
work in an ethical way) to notions of a "single basis of development".

Best,
Huw