[Xmca-l] Time of Transition

Hi Don-- I apologize to you and any old timers who got caught up in the
most recent
snarl with XMCA. It will be fixed as soon as possible.

Explanation: I went emeritus last month, a major computer guy who worked
with me retired, and UCSD reconfigured its computers, partly efficiency,
partly security. And then a key transition figure went on vacation. And
then the trouble hit when MCA was caught
part way between systems.

In reconstituting the system, Silas came along late in the game and has
been patching things together. The technical fix he implemented has various
pluses (You can join and quite on your own and set preferences) but you
have exposed a minus. A mixture of participants from different times are
inconvenienced. If you have trouble disengaging, email me and I will seekto
get it fixed. Meantime, just stick us in your spam filter!

Miss your voice.
mike