Re: [xmca] Banners of Brazil

There is much we can talk about and reflect on this Brazilian collective phenomenon.

We could propose multiple and combined "germ cells" or to infer what emerging agendas will resist in the ?day after".

But, what is clear is that there was a potential social configuration that has suffered a phase transition, and mediated by different means of mediation, many self-organized, creating crowds moving by pseudopods, spreading through the cities with different leading motives or interests, a kind of new born organism learning to be yourself in its on ?inconclusion?.

There was more than 20 years since we had this kind of movement in Brazil, it is a long time considering the social tragedy we live in our daily lives, the crazy tension of living between the medieval and ultra-modern times and praxis.

For me, considering my "nanogenesis", the worth was witnessing the emergence of consciousness in my daughters (11 and 13 years old), on the possibility of the social collective action aiming to transform the immediately given even with different motives and interests.

For those who believe that from first neighbor interaction could emerge on long range interactions and on phase system?s transitions, I think that all of this could be the start of something different from the sameness and hopelessness our people were living.

Best for all, Cristiano.

Cristiano Mattos
Departamento de Física Experimental
Instituto de Física - USP
Caixa Postal:66318 - CEP:05315-970
São Paulo - SP - Brazil
Tel: (+55)11 3091-7077
e-mail: mattos@if.usp.br

Quoting "Andy Blunden" <ablunden@mira.net>:

For sure, Achilles, we cannot at all see the "unit of analysis" or "germ cell" of this movement, or what project(s) will emerge from it. I suspect that will take some time before that is discernible. In ascending from the concrete of perception to the abstract, we at least can see here a glimpse of the enormous diversity of views and situations which are activated by the protest originally against the rise in bus fares!

Watch this space!! :)

Andy

Sure. But this is only a little elementary fragment of the whole, not necessarily a unit... I guess the unit is not the undiscriminated topics of the agenda, itself. But the contradiction between this first character against a (explicit or not) trying of political conduction of all (which is also in process of polarization)...