[xmca] Encapsulation of the University

Following on Engestrom's paper about the encapsulation of school learning
and the discussion of Mike's class and of the university - "real" world
misfits, I thought that others might appreciate this Chronicle piece:
http://chronicle.com/article/Students-Go-Into-the/139349/

and the sentence from this piece that, imo, rings the most true:
"To put it bluntly, academe doesn't always reward people for work in the
real world."

Mike's "Event Planning" class seems like a nice step in the right direction
as well.

For me now back to battling the paper tigers of academe.

-greg

--
Gregory A. Thompson, Ph.D.
Visiting Assistant Professor