From: André Costa <andredmcosta@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Jun 22, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Subject: [liberationtech] Brazilian Activists automatically being banned
from Facebook
To: liberationtech@lists.stanford.edu

Hello guys

I cannot say exactly what's going on in Brazil, but we have just revealed
what seems to be the tip of a surveillance strategy related to the
military. We have found that, when you send the message "Meu amigo general
disse que a Força Nacional tá mega bem equipada, pra qualquer emergência."  on
the chat, this content is automatically reported as abusive and the account
is automatically suspended.

For those who do not understand Portuguese, this sentence would translate
as "My General-of-the-army friend said that the National Security Forces
are very well equipped, for the case of any emergence". At least five
friends needed to reconfirm their account, whereas I have not been able to
come back.

I suspect that this system of aumotically banning probably works outside
Brazil as well, so you may try it yourselves, but take care, because it may
not let you get you accounts back.

Could you try to put some light on this? Any idea of what it may be?

Thank you very much for any help
Andre