Re: [xmca] Is College Moving Online? : The New Yorker

There seems to be a determined drive to get teachers and teaching out of the education system doesn't there? I was going to ironically remark that it would be easier just to sell library cards to people, then I realised that libraries are also disappearing and in any case the students are too busy in the jobs to visit the library and everything's on line anyway. It seems that we are moving inevitably towards issuing certificates on the basis of satisfactory scores on multiple-choice test cards on the college web site, and giving up all pretence of being involved in education. Sad.

Andy

David Preiss wrote:
Dear colleagues,

Relevant as related to the email Mike recently sent:

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2013/05/20/130520fa_fact_heller?currentPage=all

DP

David Preiss, Ph.D.
Director
Escuela de Psicología Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile
Av Vicuña Mackenna - 4860
7820436 Macul Santiago, Chile

Fono: (562) 3544605
Fax: (562) 3544844