-----Mensagem original-----
De: xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu [mailto:xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu] Em nome
de larry smolucha
Enviada em: terça-feira, 23 de abril de 2013 07:42
Para: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Assunto: RE: [xmca] "semiotic/semantic [semicheskyj] analysis". Can you help
me?

Message from Francine Smolucha:
Achilles,
The most direct application of Vygotsky is to observe (and document) howthe
verbal guidance of a more knowledgeable person is internalized assilent
self-guiding inner speech. This is done through discourse analysis.Sometimes
there is an intermediate step where the learner speaks parts of theverbal
guidance outloud to him(her)self ( Social Speech - Private Speech -Inner
Speech).[Note Vygotsky used the term egocentric speech instead of the
contemporary term private speech]. It would be great to use neural imaging
techniques to documenthow the cortical functions of the prefrontal cortices
change as the executivefunction emerges as the self-guiding speech is
employed and internalized.
Two excellent books that deal with this process are Private Speech,
Executive Functioning, and the Development of VerbalSelf-Regulation by
Winsler, A,. et. al. ( Cambridge, 2009) The Prefrontal Cortex by Joaquin
Fuster  (Academic Press, 2009).[Pages 369-371 discuss the development of
creativity as prefrontal self-regulationof imagination with direct reference
to the work of both Vygotsky and Luria. Thisis consistent with my
interpretation of Vygotsky's theory of creativity -  seeSmolucha, L. and
Smolucha, F. (2012) Vygotsky's Theory of Creativity inContemporary
Perspectives on Research in Creativity in Early Childhood
Education(Information Age Publishing, pp.63-88)] Hope this was of some help.

> From: achilles_delari@hotmail.com
> To: xmca@weber.ucsd.edu
> Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 04:28:38 +0000
> Subject: [xmca] "semiotic/semantic [semicheskyj] analysis". Can you help
me?

> Greetings for all,
>
> Please, I understand that I have a major methodological problem in my
nearest research project: "how to understand human making-sense through the
concrete acts of a person's speech?". Along many years I had thought about
Vygotsky's claim that "?Semiotic [and/or "semantic" = semicheskyj] analysis
is the only adequate method for the study of the systemic and semantic
structure of consciousness.? (see
http://www.marxists.org/archive/vygotsky/works/1934/problem-consciousness.ht
m). But it is not so clear how to proceed "Semiotic/semantic analysis".
Then, if you pleased, could somebody help me, shining my mind about the
(im)possibilities about somebody really learn *how to do* such kind of
analysis? Here in Brazil, close to me, there is nobody working with
something in this direction, then I have no local resources to ask for...
Forgive me about the naive character of the question, but I really want to
learn about.