Re: [xmca] New Poll Shortly

It all moves so quickly it is hard to take it all in, Larry, let alone find
time to comment.I am still
back on rhythmicity which I am thinking of from the perspective of someone
who thinks of
communication as patterns of coordination over time.

In this regard, it seems to me that many of Durkheim's ideas in Elementary
Forms of Religious
Experience are highly relevant. Durkheim's pluses and minuses are, I know,
a matter of important
debate in themselves, but they come down to me through my engagement with
cross cultural
research through Levy-Bruhl and Piaget.

And now, toss in the Bakhtin (the liar or the seer) and it should be enough
to think about when we are being absent minded.

mike