[xmca] Help with Alice in Wonderland quote?

There is a wonderful quote from Alice in Wonderland that I'm having a hard
time finding. It has something to do with the color red and the queen (or
maybe the Cheshire Cat) asking Alice to bring her (it/him) the color red.
Alice asks if what is wanted is a red object of some sort (an apple or a
piece of cloth) and the answer is "no, just bring me red" (or something
like that).

And note, I may have the source wrong.

But if I am remembering it correctly, it is a lovely passage that nicely
presents one of the central and most potent critiques that Romantic Science
can level against reductionistic modes of science.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
greg

--