Re: [xmca] We are all "On the way"

Christine
You mentioned wanting to pause at this juncture in our reflections.
I also need to pause at this time but wanted to acknowledge the value of
reflecting on Aristotle's concept of *common sense* when you commented:

We do not hear the music through our ears in reality, but hear the music in
actuality through Aristotelian "common sense" (meaning the common sense
between the five senses) This is the only way we can comprehend the
"actuality'.

This question you have left unanswered is a good place to pause, but it is
a fascinating question and does overlap with Dewey's notion of rhythmic
recurrence and the place of *reflection* within  this phenomenological
recurrence as rhythmical.   The place of reflection within *common sense*

This question also overlaps with your reminding us of Dewey's reflections
that THEORETICALLY the concept of *experience*[which was central to his
theoretical understanding] was impossible to develop for HISTORICAL reasons
as the concept of *experience* has come to be a notion as residing within
interior subjectivity.  The concept of *culture* today is  the concept
that best expresses what Dewey meant when developing his understanding of
*experience*.

Christine, thanks for your continuing reflections on these themes.

Larry