[xmca] new article in the Journal of Language and Literacy Education

I'm writing as faculty advisor to the Journal of Language and Literacy Education (JoLLE). We are in the process of updating a lot of our routines and procedures that may be of interest to potential authors.

As an online, open-access journal, JoLLE is not limited by traditional publication schedules. We will continue to officially produce two issues each year. But we will also make articles available online as soon as they have completed the review, editing, and production process. We hope that this expedited publication process is a feature that authors find attractive.

The Spring issue is nearing completion, and the first article has been uploaded:

Smagorinsky, P. (2012). Vygotsky, "defectology," and the inclusion of people of difference in the broader cultural stream. Journal of Language and Literacy Education [Online], 8(1), 1-25. Available at http://jolle.coe.uga.edu/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Vygotsky-and-Defectology.pdf

This article is available at our newly-relaunched website at Journal of Language & Literacy Education<http://jolle.coe.uga.edu>, which will be continually upgraded and updated with features. Please contact the Principal Editor, Lindy L. Johnson, at jolle@uga.edu<mailto:jolle@uga.edu> if you have questions, inquiries, suggestions, etc. about the journal. We welcome new authors, reviewers, and other contributors to JoLLE's effort to produce a high-end scholarly journal.

Sincerely, Peter

Peter Smagorinsky<http://www.coe.uga.edu/~smago/vita/vitaweb.htm>
Distinguished Research Professor<http://www.ovpr.uga.edu/docs/policies/iga/DRP-Guidelines.pdf> of<http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/of> English Education<http://www.coe.uga.edu/lle/english/secondary/index.html>
Department of Language and Literacy Education<http://www.coe.uga.edu/lle/english/secondary/index.html>
The University of Georgia<http://www.uga.edu/>
315 Aderhold Hall<http://www.coe.uga.edu/about/directions.html>
Athens<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athens,_Georgia>,<http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/607/02/> GA<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_(U.S._state)> 30602<http://www.city-data.com/zips/30602.html>

Advisor, Journal of Language and Literacy Education<http://jolle.coe.uga.edu/>