From: xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu [xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu] on behalf of Wagner Luiz Schmit [wagner.schmit@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 8:05 PM
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: [xmca] Measuring culture

Hello,

I don't know if you already saw this... I am still thinking about it and
what to say about it...

http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/pt-br/what_we_learned_from_5_million_books.html

A new tool or a new way to reduce human to numbers? In some places i
already see scientists from fields like neuroscience, evolutionary
psychology and etc pointing to me and saying "Marx? Vygotsky? Gosh you are
obsolete and should be in a Museum". And they have funding...

Just trowing toughs...

Wagner Luiz Schmit