Re: [xmca] FW: Invitation to Submit an Article

I am sure a lot of us will sympathise with you, Jenna. I got my work known in the same way as you have: by putting stuff up on my own website. I guess the article I got into MCA in 2005 had some impact as a warrant that I was 'legit'. But if one is meeting the criteria for a PhD, selfpublishing on the web won't help. But I don't think MCA and it's unpaid peer reviewers are there to save on salaries for academic supervision.

But if you mean that going electronic will be a means of simply increasing the number of papers published, then I think that is exactly the concern people have about the quality warrant of electronic publication. But still, MCA and LCHC are continuing to work on creating opportunities for electronic publication. I hope we will soon see an outcome, which will include the opportunity for people associated with MCA, such as XMCA participants, to publish electronically.

One of MCA's sister journals, "Outlines. Critical Practice Studies" publishes electronically, but their manuscripts are subject to peer review, etc.

Andy

jennamcjenna@gmail.com wrote:
Andy,
Can you explain further why you take this position? I ask as someone who is consistently frustrated by an inability to access the work published in MCA.

Sent from my iPhone