Re: [xmca] Progress: Reality or Illusion?

Fair point Greg, but if we interpret the question about "progress" as "meaningful" in the sense you give it as "preferable" it really is meaningless, isn't it? So if I say late capitalism represents progress, meaning I prefer to live under late capitalism (so long as of course I get to choose which spot I occupy and don't get John Rawls' veil of ignorance) what on earth does that mean to me or anyone else?

Andy

Greg Thompson wrote:
To turn Andy's original question on its head: what kind of
*meaningful* comparison can be made "objectively"?

-greg