[xmca] speaking of rocks and cathedrals

I want to join the voices for wishing all "present" the best of fortune in
the new year. We now reach from Invertebrates to God in our modest
explorations of the processes of human development. :))

The following thought came to me in thinking about what ensues if one
accepts the invitation to imagine
what will happen in the next year -- what you hope for, what you fear, what
you could not expect and so
can't think about. It is from St. Exupery.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates
it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.
 Antoine de Saint-Exupery<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/a/antoinedes161736.html>

Its an interesting thought, but "negative" in the sense that it tells us
what a rock ceases to be but does not
specify what it has become "the moment it a single man contemplates it."
It seems apt to the discussion.
An awful lot takes place in that moment!

Happy New Year,