Re: [xmca] A suitable term for "zpd aware"?

Huw
I for one see some "value" in this phrase.  Within the CHAT space there is
a shared acknowledgement of the value of the term "mediational"
Now the term "mediational appreciation" adds the dimension "appreciation"
as an "evaluative" dimension.  The term "appreciation" has a family
resemblance to the terms "recognition" & "acknowledgement".  As Greg's
references to Patchen Markell suggest, this family of words [appreciation,
recognition, acknowledgement] are not synonyms and the word "appreciation"
may have particular implications for "what kind" of development.

Huw, I hope others "play" with this phrase to explore its implications.

Larry

You also elaborate with the phrase
"call forth the kind of accommodative change that constitutes
psychological development or growth".

the phrase "call forth the KIND of " would also need deepening.