[xmca] Re: Engagement with Activity Theory.

Christine --

I have also been thinking about "appreciation." My musings led me to
connect the idea of "I appreciate the effort you made" with the idea of
appreciation in a phrase such as "The price of my house appreciated."

In both cases, it appears that there is some sort of increase in "value."
If someone else appreciates what I do, my "self" (lets make that my
"dialogic self") increases by some measure of the greater valuing of me by
the person doing the appreciating. Ditto if I appreciate what someone else
does (such as writing a thought provoking note on xmca).

Around the intervention methodology folks I hang out with, the idea of
"reciprocal relations of exchange" which Olga Vasquez has favored gets a
lot of, well, appreciation.

Always and over again the issue off what constitutes reciprocity is right
in the middle of the enagement.

mike