[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [xmca] Cultural Practices/Activities/etc
- To: email@example.com, "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [xmca] Cultural Practices/Activities/etc
- From: Tony Whitson <twhitson@UDel.Edu>
- Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 10:00:37 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <CAHCnM0AD0TEQpDDTcNkr_PWAYG41NW0aJge7iV6iL6wP1AjKfirstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-archive: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca.weber.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <CAHCnM0AD0TEQpDDTcNkr_PWAYG41NW0aJge7iV6iL6wP1AjKemail@example.com>
- Reply-to: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: email@example.com
You touch on these things in _Cultural Psychology_, but I'm glad to have
this piece in which you address this more extensively as the central focus
of the article.
If I might make a suggestion about PDF files: If you scan the paper
document in just black-and-white, instead of color or grayscale, and save
it in a file format that's only two bits deep (instead of 8 or 24), you
can use that to create a pdf with a much smaller file size. The b/w pdf
will also work much better for Optical Character Recognition -- whether
you do the OCR in the pdf that you create, or leave that for users to do
for themselves. The OCR will be less successful for a pdf that was created
from jpeg page images.
The process I'm suggesting is basically the same as what you've got, but
just with a different setting for the initial step.
On Mon, 22 Aug 2011, mike cole wrote:
Attached is an attempt I made several years ago to summarize the different
terms and their uses. It is not in the least sophisticated about many of
those cited or not, but it covers some perhaps-useful information.
UD School of Education
NEWARK DE 19716
"those who fail to reread
are obliged to read the same story everywhere"
-- Roland Barthes, S/Z (1970)
xmca mailing list