[xmca] Go Back to Where you Came From

This is off topic, but ... in Australia last week we had the most amazing example from the genre of reality TV. A group of 6 lower middle-class white Australian racists who all hated "boat people" and thought they deserved to drown, etc. (5 of the 6, one was OK), were sent on a "reverse refugee journey," starting in Austrtalian detention centres, on to a leaky boat to the various staging points ultimately back to Iraq and an African civil war. It was a real perezhivanie! The show is blocked for viewers in the US as I guess they plan to sell it, I don't know about other countries, but you can watch the follow-up catharsis here: http://www.sbs.com.au/shows/goback where you can see if these people changed their mind.

Andy

*Andy Blunden*
Joint Editor MCA: http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/title~db=all~content=g932564744
Home Page: http://home.mira.net/~andy/