Re: [xmca] Re: Using the term institution in a very broad sense

For the principle below, re: grammar, I should have also provided the analogical situation, re:phonology, that may be easier to grasp quickly:

Linguists could invent an artifical language based on a phonemic system that could theoretically be used (spoken and heard) by a species whose vocal and auditory apparatuses are different from our own, but not by us. It might be a semiologically adequate language for such species. It would not work for us, for reasons that are physiological, not semiological.