Re: [xmca] Is Geist a linear process

Larry, did I really put it this way? Oops! No, you're completely correct; in Hegel's account (this is in the Phenomenology of Perception) self-consciousness grows out of the consciousness of the other. The social comes before the individual. Where have I heard that before?!   :)

Martin

I'm not so sure of the linear assumption of one form following another in