[xmca] Sign & Symbol

In a side discussion of related matters, Huw got me thinking back about the
diagrams he was making
and I was led to remember my thoughts upon trying to interpret them.

*What, from a Vygotskian perspective, is the relation between sign and
symbol? How does this relationship
related to what one might be imagining when they write about the inner and
outer sides of words (& The Word)?
Are signs and symbols assignable to separate "genetic domains" in the
Vygotskian sense?*

I do not feel on solid ground when thinking about these matters. But they
seem important. It seems like an awful
lot to think about all at once.