Re: [xmca] Mentoring in research/writing Surprising Result So far

In all of this discussion, I would like to second an idea that David Ki
made: In controversies over the interpretation of David's texts by reviewers
and editorial practices, we ought not to loose track of David Kellog's
project, which is to seek an understanding of Vygotsky's thought that can be
constructed from careful reading of the texts in their chronological order
of writing (in so far as that can be discerned). He is working from
different texts, different life experiences, different current social
circumstances than those who have undertaken such investigations before. He
is doing what Tony's quote from Barthes urges upon us: the constant
necessity to re-read our prior interpretations in the hopes that subsequent
understandings are more adequate to our circumstances.

David claimed himself with respect to the nascent mentoring program (I am
hearing birth pains) to be a junior. He has more than one
mentor/interlocutor on XMCA including David Ki, Martin, and myself. Our
participation does not mean that we agree with all that David writes, or
(speaking personally) always understand what he is writing (the range of
reference is broad, patience for reading transcript wanting).

Lets grow the discourse to enable the creation of development-enhancing
conditions for human development. We think culture is some how involved.

The contradictions that produce public displays of feelings I believe is a
part of
what goes into creating a community. If participation is not self enriching
and at the same time nurishing of the medium of this experience, then we
should all do something else with our time.

mike