[xmca] Fwd: [COGDEVSOC] One-year position: Loyola University Chicago

brrrr but a temp job.
mike

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Denise Davidson <ddavids@luc.edu>
Date: Wed, May 11, 2011 at 1:41 PM
Subject: [COGDEVSOC] One-year position: Loyola University Chicago
To: cogdevsoc@virginia.edu

 Please post the following ad.  Thank you.

**

**

*Instructor, Department of Psychology*

*Job Title*: Instructor of Psychology**

* *

*Background*: The Loyola University Chicago, College of Arts and Sciences,
Department of Psychology seeks applicants for a full-time, non-tenure track,
one-year instructor position pending the approval of funding and beginning
Fall, 2011. The department serves 1,000 undergraduate majors and has a Ph.D.
program with concentrations in clinical, developmental, and social
psychology. For more details about the department, visit
http://www.luc.edu/psychology/index.shtml.  **

*Duties and Responsibilities*: The successful candidate will teach seven
sections of undergraduate courses, some of which will be in the
Developmental Psychology area.

*Minimum Qualifications*:  Applicants must have a doctorate in psychology
and a demonstrated record of teaching excellence. Besides Developmental
Psychology, competence in teaching research methods and/or statistics is a
plus.

*Special Instructions to Applicants*: Applicants should submit, by June 1,
2011, a current *Curriculum Vitae*, a teaching statement, and a letter of
interest to *www.careers.luc.edu*. They also should provide the names and
email addresses of three individuals prepared to speak to their professional
qualifications for this position. Referees will not be contacted immediately
but might be at subsequent points in the review process. Applicants should
forward additional materials related to teaching excellence to
jlarson4@luc.edu or:

James R. Larson, Jr., Ph.D., Chair

Department of Psychology

Loyola University Chicago

1032 W. Sheridan Road

Chicago, IL 60660

Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the
position is filled. Applications received by the above date will receive the
fullest consideration.

LUC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer with a strong
commitment to hiring for our mission and diversifying our faculty.  As a
Jesuit Catholic institution of higher education, we seek candidates who will
contribute to our strategic plan to deliver a Transformative Education in
the Jesuit tradition.  In order to gain a clearer understanding of LUC’s
mission, candidates should consult our website at
http://www.luc.edu/mission/missionandidentity.shtml.  For information about
the university’s focus on transformative education, consult
http://www.luc.edu/transformativeed. Applications from women and minority
candidates are especially encouraged.