Re: [xmca] concepts

Sure, Peter. I am trying to challenge people in the spirit of friendly scholarly exchange. Ideas *are *generally very robust when defended by those who really understand them, but they can also be repeated uncritically. If we want to get a better understanding of "concept" than can be described as "old language" by Jay, then I do believe we have to tighten up our ideas.

Andy
Peter Smagorinsky wrote:
... I worry about the reduction and caricaturization of ideas, Andy, in some of your recent critiques. You can justify a theory of activity without distorting other views of psychology to make them appear less robust than their practitioners posit them.