[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [xmca] Japan
- To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [xmca] Japan
- From: Lisa Yamagata-Lynch <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 17:21:45 -0600
- Cc: "White, Phillip" <Phillip.White@ucdenver.edu>
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <AANLkTikW+JkDQmR+ZAF05+1wOh0uZtJ+r8JF6_3twZhG@mail.gmail.com>
- List-archive: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca.weber.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <E23E629A42F087498471D39762DF7EB297B90FC77E@ESTES.ucdenver.pvt> <AANLkTikW+JkDQmR+ZAF05+1wOh0uZtJ+r8JF6_3twZhG@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: email@example.com
The only mode of communication that has been working for me and many
of my friends who have family in Japan has been Skype. However, she
has been fortunate to have power. I have been able to have exchanges
with my friends in Japan on FaceBook too.
Additionally, I saw on the Japanese news this morning that the phone
companies started up a message exchange service. If you dial 171 right
before the phone number of the person you are trying to contact, then
you will be sent to a voice mail where you can leave a 30 second
message. I believe anybody who dials 171 before the same number can
listen to the message. I got a hold of my mother before trying that so
I have not tried it myself, but I would think that you will have to do
it right before the actual number after the country and area code.
Finally, on the Japanese news they listed a service for tracking
people. I believe it is a Google service it is at:
There is a link for English on that page.
I know how frustrating this is as I was frantic this morning to find
my mother. I am not sure whether this information will help anybody,
but I just wanted to share it.
On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 4:55 PM, Sonja Baumer <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Our colleague Mikio Hirano lives in Sendai, the city that suffered the
> major blow the quake.
> I have been trying to reach Mikio since early morning, but so far without
> We are concerned for the well-being of our dear colleague and his family.
> Please update if you get news about Mikio.
> On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 10:59 AM, White, Phillip <Phillip.White@ucdenver.edu
>> What a calamity in Japan. I hope that Vandy is doing well, as well as all
>> other XMCA-ers living in Japan just now.
>> Phillip White, PhD
>> University of Colorado Denver
>> School of Education
>> xmca mailing list
> xmca mailing list
Please note if this message is related to IT Program Coordination, it
is being copied to Dr. Wei-Chen Hung who will be the new program
coordinator starting the end of summer.
Lisa C. Yamagata-Lynch
ETRA Department IT Program Coordinator
Please visit my website at: http://www.lisayamagatalynch.net/
xmca mailing list