Re: [xmca] The Genetic Belly Button and the Functional Belly

Carol
I am editing some writing and will send it to you after I am done.

		Joseph

On Jul 21, 2010, at 1:54 AM, Carol Macdonald wrote:

Joseph
I think there is a problem with terminology. What you describe are sounds, not phonemes. Phonemes are specific to a language and each language has a
set of phonemes which form a system.  For example, in English, /p/ is
contrasted with /b/ meaning they help to contrast words e.g. "pig" vs.
"big". In Arabic this distinction does not hold.

By all means send me what you have, as we may be talking at cross purposes.

Carol