Re: [xmca] LSV and Werner/Levy Bruhl/Piaget etc

I find it interesting that although Werner & Kaplan define development as a movement of differentiation and hierarchical integration, the examples they give of the distinction between 'primitive' and 'civilized' or 'advanced' thinking are all cases where the former is undifferentiated while the latter shows differentiation. By their own definition, even we 'civilized' folk lack integration. Or perhaps what has been taken, by W&K and others, as a lack of differentiation is actually a state of integration.

Martin