From: Wolff-Michael Roth <mroth@uvic.ca>
Subject: Re: [xmca] Are Fleer and Hedegaard Bernsteinians?
To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca@weber.ucsd.edu>
Date: Friday, May 28, 2010, 4:30 PM

David,
your reading is inconsistent with anything Derrida wrote, including this book. It is NOT absolutely NOT synchronic. You have not read, apparently, any of his work concerning différance, concerning khora, concerning écriture, the unfolding of Being and its covering by beings (see near identical articulation by Mikhailov in his 2001 piece), concerning his critique of Plato, Hegel and the sign as a tomb.

You tend to be a thorough reader of Vygotsky, but it does not look as if you were doing the same with Derrida. Perhaps one has to be able to read French to appreciate it. But SYNCHRONIC SAUSSURE, definitely not!

Michael