Re: [xmca] moral life of babies

It's a very good article. The author doesn't leap to rash conclusions, but just that moral sense has to build on *something* and that is a "gut feeling" for good and bad, or us and them.

To me, it does raise the question, as Jay commented in his belated commentary on the infant communication discussion, how much is retained or built on, how much is sublated into more complex neoformations and how much actually just fades away to be replaced by other neoformations?

This is more complex question, I guess. But it does emphasise that every stage of development is itself an autonomous form of life and missing nothing. Is "baby morality" necessary for baby life, or is it just life sex organs, waiting to be developed for adult life?

Andy

mike cole wrote:
A colleague sent me this link. Seems relevant to ongoing discussion of early
infancy and ITS
social situation of development! (short easy reading)
mike

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/09/magazine/09babies-t.html