Re: [xmca] Teaching on the Emotions

It is not listed on marxists.org, and just circulated on xmca. If anyone complains, I will delete it from marxists.org instantly. It cannot be cited as at that location. It is just for sharing among members of this list. The source information is in the Document Properties.

Andy

Dot Robbins wrote:
Dear Andy,
Having been involved with the Collected Works of L. S. Vygotsky, Volume 6 (in English), I am confused with what is happening....sorry, I am busy, so my question is perhaps answered.....I thought we were receiving a new article from Vygotsky on emotions, something new Achilles found. It sounded wonderful. And, in the title, I was still excited about something new: The Teaching About Emotions Historical-Psychological Studies Lev Semenovich Vygotsky (1931-1933). Now, it looks like it is only a copy of Volume 6 of the Collected Works, pp. 71-235; however, this reference is not listed in the information that was sent out initially (later, yes), nor is it posted on Marxists.org. Then, did Achilles change some of the wording of the text? I just don't have the time to compare....Of course, I am assuming anyone can scan and send out chapters of The Collected Works of L. S. Vygotsky…..I am assuming that the entire Collected
Works in English can be made available for free this way….I am just lost as to what is really happening here…
So sorry, perhaps I do not have the time to investigate all of this properly….however, if people are posting translations of Vygotsky already published, I do believe that the initial source material should be made available at all levels!!!!.I am a little stunned at the moment. Sorry. Perhaps I do not have the full picture….I am, however, assuming that Achilles did not take the translated material in Vol. 6, in English, and change the wording of that material. Correct? Thanks. Yours in amazement, Dot