RE: [xmca] Zhozephina Shif – something in English?

Andy,

I think this is very important and can creates a valid ground for social cristicism. But "what they see outside" must have something related with what people (that are in the outside) can/want shows too... Suppose that I could critize several problems in my country mediated by the notices I receive from your country, and the better situation there... But I never was actually there, I know the news mediate by signs from other people, your e-mails, notices by the web, tv, newspapers, if I have good lucky. Then, perhaps the "self determination" of my "own" critics about my country could be not independent from any kind of international "intervention", not necessarily in "conspiration" terms, nor "civil disobedience", etc. Mediated by the news I have with you, valuing it positively or negatively. In this case, we could not avoid dialogical process again in the inter-determination of Nations self-determination. Then we go from the quest for "truth" in theoretical traditions in psychology to the quest for and/or imposition of "truth" in International Law, and international hegemony relationships (you quote Afeganistan, I could quote Cuba, for instance, in recent past USA and URSS, and so on)... I can criticize myself only if I have other people in order to look to me with other eyes, and then in my consciousness I am another person to myself, as said Vygotsky... but, must exist this other person, that have his/her own values systems, political positions, cultural performances, and so on. Then I wonder: to what social scope we can refer with some kind of "self" criticizing our "own" culture? (...) In what terms can we difine those for who belongs a self-deffined culture? Who is the culture owner? A social person, a group, a nation, the humankind? Very difficult to decide. To who belongs human cultures and to who belongs criticizing responsibility...

Achilles.