Re: [xmca] Consciousness "only a part of the material quality of the man-sign"

Thanks God , Steve !

At last , through a delicate beautiful joking you reached the *ideal* I intend , maybe Ilyenko intends ! Yet I don't know which interpretation should I accept ? What you are now asserting to Martin or what Martin just said on your behalf and Andy's about the spade .

This axe of yours , dear Steve , is now ideal , not in itself , but for the  dignity and grandeur of the family , not independent of your consciousness , outside , but tied closely and somewhat and somehow with the mentality of the family individulas and the circle of the relatives and the sequence of generations . The location is not there in the corner of the farm but over the fireplace or under the greatest picture of the greatest antecedent . All of you have forgotten about the use value it might have . Of course we take your family for a society . It's not yet social but familial but it helps . Taken to a distant village home , there might be a conflict who of the farming members of that family should take it to the farm or jungle to chop trees with . No tying to the consciousness as sybol of grandeur . If this axe leaves the familial personal meaning , aside from your great great dignity and with unheard of apologies , finds its way towards other
 thoughts , enters social relations cause of pride , misinterpretation , negative pathways , pathological roundabouts , racism , etc. , this time a Hitlerite takes it , instead of chopping the trees , will chop the heads of the innocent people . Now it has got a symbolic meaning . Take an anthem or a flag plz . All our problem is the difference between an ordinary axe and this axe of yours magnified as social .

A.N.Leontiev : A.C.P : Personal Meaning : Personal versus Social Meaning : (conversion of each into other)

Excuse me , Steve . Nowadays we cannot think of better ways .

I brought in this example but my text shows I didn't accept it . I'm still firm with my position but not selfish . I cannot accept an ordianary axe is ideal , Cs is material .

And what happened to my the *Crisis* paragraph ?

Very enjoyable to hear from you , Steve ! Thanks !

Haydi