Re: [xmca] Consciousness, Piaget

Whoa!! total agreement. And I Looooove unicorns.
My initial question was something like Martin's. "Tony, what does it mean
(for Peirce) to be 'aware of signs AS signs." Sounds a lot like thing in
itself.

In my classes, i ask students if they have ever seen a unicorn.  No one
ventures a yes. Then I ask them, are unicorns good or bad? They mostly all
raise their hands and say that they are good. Then we get into a good
discussion. Sounds like I have intuited myself toward what you two are
agreeing about.
mike